Mayweather versus Ortiz

"My fans have been waiting long enough. Floyd Mayweather vs. Victor Ortiz. Sept 17, 2011 for the WBC world championship." – Floyd Mayweather (via Twitter)
Floyd “Baby Face” Mayweather is set to fight Victor “Viscious” Ortiz for one of the most coveted title in the boxing arena to date, the WBC Welterweight Champion, which currently Ortiz holds under his belt. Set in Sin City’s MGM Grand on September 17, 2011, spectators all around the globe are in for a big spectacle like never they had seen before.




Mayweather Updates


This upcoming fight has ended Mayweather’s 16-month lay off from the sport. "I am ready to return to the ring and give my fans a fantastic night of boxing by fighting the best out there and for me, that is Victor Ortiz," Mayweather said. “... but on Sept. 17, Ortiz is just going to be another casualty, the 42nd one who tried and failed. Trust me, I will be ready," he boasted with his incredible statistics (41-0, 25 Kos), promising his fans yet another victory.

Ortiz (29-2-2, 22 KOs), who is now $400 000 richer after defeating Berto last April, answered Mayweather’s words with as much conviction and determination, "I'm a strong fighter and I have worked really hard to silence my critics. I'm a world champion for a reason and I am not going to let go of my title any time soon. This is going to be a great fight, but I will remain a world champion for many years to come."
"I think it's an interesting fight and I think it will be an exciting fight because Victor Ortiz is a pressure fighter and he will come to fight all night long," Golden Boy's Richard Schaefer, Ortiz's promoter, told ESPN. " Obviously, Mayweather has skills, speed and great defense. It's going to be a very interesting fight," he added.

"When Floyd fights, everyone stops to watch and this is an exciting time for boxing as it always is when Floyd steps into the ring," said Leonard Ellerbe, CEO of Mayweather Promotions, retaliated and added “There is no better showman than Floyd and he backs up his legacy with amazing, one-of-a-kind skills.”
This fight could possibly redeem Mayweather’s credibility as a sport giant having done things that are unbecoming within his 16-month lay off, including of which are 2 misdemeanor cases, and  his refusal of the much anticipated Pacquiao-Mayweather fight which could have boosted or broken each of their careers depending on who wears the belt right after.

With big words such as "But no one is going to tell me how to live my life. I don't care. I'm here to fight," the undefeated Baby Face is back, back with a vengeance.